C.P.T.G Clary Sage
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height, known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. A soothing floral oil used to reduce feelings of stress and tension, calm and rejuvenate the skin, and to ease common complaints during menstruation. It is used to support hormone balance, promote healthy-looking hair and scalp, and provide support after pregnancy. It is also relaxing, calming, and balancing and is commonly used to promote a restful night’s sleep.
In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, allowing for a restful night’s sleep.
- NPN, Natural Product Number: 80060984
- Used in Aromatherapy as a nervine, calmative, a carminative and antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort.
- Used in Aromatherapy to help relieve colds and coughs.
- Used in Aromatherapy to relieve minor skin irritation.
- Used in Aromatherapy to relieve cuts.
- Used in Aromatherapy to relieve bruises.
- Used in Aromatherapy to relieve burns.
- Apply in Aromatherapy to help relieve joint and muscle pain associated with sprains, strains, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- * Claim approved for this Natural Health Product. Reference Clary Sage NPN 80060984
Emotionally – Clary Sage
Clary Sage is an oil helping us with change of perception, instilling the courage we need to see truth.
A very fine oil to carefully use around the eyes, or directly between the eyes – ‘third eye’ – pituitary gland connection. Clary Sage helps open us up to different belief-systems than we previously were stuck in. Especially when change is urgently needed. It opens up fresh creativity channels, and clears blocks of the imagination, allowing us to visualize new possibilities!
An oil helping with the change of perception, instilling the courage we need to see truth. A very fine oil to carefully use around the eyes, or directly between the eyes ‘third eye’ – taking to the pituitary. Clary Sage helps open us up to different belief systems than we previously were ‘stuck in’, especially when change is urgently needed. It opens fresh creativity channels, and clears blocks of the imagination, allowing us to visualize possibilities!
Clary Sage can help our spirit see Divinely given gifts, and accept the reality that clear discernment is available to us – to see what is best in each moment. Positively, Expanding Spiritual Clarity, intuition, imaginative ability, and open the mind. Clearing (negative) darkness, confusion, Spiritual disconnection, hopelessness, and blocked creativity.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- During your menstrual cycle, rub three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
Research has shown that Clary Sage can assist in managing pain during labor, decreasing pain in the transition through Menopause, and reducing pain caused by Menstrual cramps.
Usages: A=Aromatic T=Topical I=Internal
Hormone Balance (A, T) Menstrual Cycle (T) Sleep (A, T) Stress (A, T) Tension (A, T) Relaxation (A, T) Emotional Balance (A, T) Mood (A, T) Soothing (A, T) Skin (T) Hair (T) Eyes (T) Lactation (T) Reproductive System (A, T, I) Hot Flashes (A, T) Menopause (T, I) Pregnancy (Recovery) (T, I) Cramps (T, I) Endometriosis (T, I) PMS (T) Labor (A, T) Depression (A, T) Anxiousness (A, T) Muscles (T) Seizures (T, I)
Eye Fatigue: Clary Sage 1 drop, Frankincense 1 drop, Mix between fingers – Apply to the sides of your temples and gently above your eyebrows often during periods of extreme fatigue.
1 cup water
4 teaspoons sugar
2 drops Geranium oil
2 drops Lavender oil
2 drops Peppermint oil
2 drops Rosemary oil
2 drops Clary Sage oil
Tip: Use more or less sugar depending on how strong you want the hold to be.
Note: Feel free to customize the essential oils to your preference. You can use one or all of the essential oils listed above. However, be careful using citrus oils as they can lighten your hair if exposed to UV light.
In saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring heat to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool. Pour essential oil into 8-ounce glass fine mist spray bottle and add cooled sugar water. Use as you would any other hairspray.